Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS | More
Personally, I find this quarter of 2020 a very sobering time.
The pandemic, social unrest and natural disasters all make this year tough for many of us. I’ve heard many heartfelt stories from my high school friends and work colleagues who live various part of the world. Nothing is “normal” and everyone I know is affected in all different kind of ways.
My son has just turned 6 months old and despite the fact that I have little control of my time, and the needs and desire of this tiny little human being is very often (if not always) prioritized over mine. This period of time also gives me permission to dive deeper into my ambition, question what really matters to me at this stage in my life, what is my purpose, role or responsibilities.
What I have conjured up is a list of reminders to help me and others to gain a different perspective. Or perhaps a way to decide when to say “No” to certain thoughts or behavioural patterns. And equally important is what do I need to say “Yes” to or things I should continue to do.
I am certain there are times in your life where you may need a little reminder as well. And so that is what I would like to share with you this week.
Things to “Stop” doing
- When you catch yourself judging yourself or others senselessly or being overcritical because of the subject matter riggers your vulnerability.
- Being overly attached to the outcomes of your endeavour. Wish for the best, prepare for the worse, expect it to turn out just the way it should be, in divine timing and manner.
- Caring too much what others think of you because no matter what you do or don’t do, you cannot control what others think. The most important thing is how you think of yourself, do you like or love who you are? Are you being YOU?
- Stop expecting others to change before you do.
- Numbing your feelings by making yourself too busy, spending too much time on social media or addicting to anything (over-exercising, food or TV) in order to stop you from looking at what is really going on in your life.
Things to “Start” doing
- Create quiet time for yourself daily, no matter how short that time maybe. Even 5 minutes. Just you and being in silence.
- Savouring every experience or moment in time. Give yourself the permission to be fully present, no multi-tasking just focus on the one thing you are doing at that moment in time. Time is something you can NEVER get back.
- When your desire is bigger than your belief, you actually don’t expect what you want is going to happen. Find ways that can strengthen your faith. Make it a conscious practice. An exercise if you will. Start to believe it.
Things to “Continue” to do
- All the good practices that you know work wonders for you. Yoga, meditation, journaling, paint, bushwalk, play music, pray, write. Make them as habits. Not one-off events or just do them from time to time.
- Nurture the relationships you are blessed to have so far. There is no chance encounter. Treat everyone as a divine plan or intervention.
- To remember that we are not defined by things we have accomplished, but the way how we achieve them and the relationships we build along the way.
- Stay true to who you are, be kind, courageous and don’t forget to laugh.
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If you’re not, I love to encourage you to do that. I don’t want you to miss an episode. Also, I offer occasional gifts and early-bird offer of my programs first on my podcast! You can use this link to subscribe on iTunes! You can also find me on Spotify and other podcast platforms, just search for @SzeWingVetault and you will find me.
Now if you are extra nice and kind, I would be really grateful if you left me a review over on iTunes too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast and I’d love reading them! Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Review” and Write a Review”. That’s it! Thank You!!